When Someone Passes

When Someone Passes

Death At Home

When someone dies at home, first contact the person's doctor (or police depending on circumstances). The doctor must issue a signed death certificate. The police will arrange transfer of the deceased to the coroner in the case of an accident or a death in suspicious circumstances.

Death in a Hospital or Nursing Home

A death certificate is issued by a doctor and, if there are no mortuary facilities, arrangements can be made for the deceased to be transferred into our care.
Working with a Funeral Director

After contacting friends and family, the next person to speak to is the funeral director who will arrange transfer of the deceased. A funeral normally takes place three to four days later. At Mark G Hammond Funeral Services, our consultants will discuss all your options and will act with care and courtesy to fulfill your wishes.
Information That Will Be Needed

There is certain information we will need when arranging a funeral service and liaising with others. You can download our Deceased Information Form here and have the information available when we meet to discuss arrangements.
Share by: